Remodeling Should I or Shouldn’t I
Remodeling your home can be one of the most rewarding things you can do as a home owner. It also can be one of the most stressful things you can do as a home owner. The question many ask, is should I or shouldn’t I remodel?
You need to evaluate why you are remodeling in the first place. Are you needing more space or trying to update from an older look and style? Maybe you are getting ready to sell your home and need to give it a face lift so you can get top dollar for the sale. Things you should know about what kind of return you can get when you choose to remodel a section or room of your home.
1. What is an average return on your remodeling investment?
2. What are the greatest features of your home?
3. What are the values of other homes in your area, and you want to be careful you do not invest too much as to overprice what you can get as a return?
4. Does it make sense to change or expand your home compared to finding another home that would give you the extra space at a better value?
5. What rooms are the best to remodel for the best return on your investment?
Best Return When Remodeling Your Kitchen
One of the best returns on your investment when remodeling a room in your house by far will be the kitchen. Many homeowners will realize at least a 15% value return on remodeling and updating costs, followed close by a bathroom remodel project. It is important that you decide if you are remodeling for the value increase or just for your own satisfaction. Also decide if you plan on staying for awhile or do you plan on selling right away.
If you need help deciding on the best way to go, or if you have questions on starting a new home remodel project. Give Fjellbo and Son Construction a call. We can help walk you through the process and simplify everything for you.
Expert advice on home improvement, remodeling, gardening and decorating.
Improve your home with a remodeling project or two. Whether you’re planning to tackle DIY remodeling projects, or you will be hiring a pro, find all of the …
Be sure to visit my other pages and posts on home remodeling and flood restoration